Mon, Apr 16, 2012 | Jared Woodard
In a previous post (“Combining Trend Following and Option Selling Strategies“), I explained the appeal of marrying two seemingly opposed approaches to the market within one strategy, which we’re calling ETF Trend Options. The out of sample results have been excellent so far, with a 25% annualized return since inception versus a gain of 9% in the S&P 500.
I’m excited to announce today that ETF Trend Options is now available by subscription. Here are key things to know about the strategy:
- It selects from a basket of 35 ETFs ranging from U.S. and international stocks to bonds, commodities and currencies;
- A breakout price formula identifies likely new short-term trends as they emerge, giving us long and short price signals;
- We sell vertical option spreads in the direction of the price signal to capture price movement and to profit from time decay;
- The strategy typically takes 8-10 positions in each expiration cycle, opening no more than 15 trades in a given monthly series;
- Entry and exit alerts are published via email as well as on our secure website, with a model portfolio tracking each position.
We’re offering discounts for 6- and 12-month subscriptions, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee. Subscribers also receive an introductory guide explaining the thinking behind the strategy and everything you need to know to follow along. Give it a try!